Claire Bailey is Compuware’s Director of Federal, State and Local Mainframe Solutions. She has worked in technology since 1984 and has worked with the mainframe in every role she has held throughout her IT career.
In her current role at Compuware, Claire leads U.S. public sector efforts and strategies to help government technologists understand the criticality of their mainframe infrastructure; understand global industry best practices; and understand how Compuware’s modern tools help them increase the quality, velocity and efficiency with which they deliver mainframe-backed services to citizens as well as how Compuware tools help them close the skills gap between their retiring mainframe experts and incoming next-gen developers.
Prior to Compuware, Claire served on the cabinet of Governor Mike Huckabee and Governor Mike Beebe. She served as the Chief Technology Officer for the state of Arkansas for eight years, where she led multiple teams to bring new and improved technology solutions in for citizens across Arkansas, including:
• Implementing the first digital drivers licenses for Arkansas
• Streamlining the car tag renewal process for our first Internet driven online service bringing 75 counties assessor, collectors and state systems online
• Implementing the first firewalls and cybersecurity operational tools for the Department of Information Systems
• Contributing to the Arkansas Wireless Information Network implementation efforts, which deployed a statewide digital radio system.
• Working with the Secretary of State to provide technical assistance across the state implementing electronic voting systems
Prior to Claire’s role as CTO, she served as the Director of the Department of Information Systems for Arkansas. She has also held positions at JB Hunt Transportation, Texas Instruments and her family’s business, Bailey Produce Company.
Claire is an honorary Lifetime Member of the National Association of State Technology Directors (NASTD) where she also served as President. She currently serves on the executive board for the State & Local Government and Education (SLED) division of CompTIA as well as the executive council for the IT Alliance for Public Sector (ITAPS). She has served in many capacities for the National Association of State CIOs (NASCIO). She is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
Throughout her career, Claire has received many awards. She helped the Department of Information Systems for Arkansas achieve the Governor’s Quality Award for implementing and adhering to top quality practices. She helped Arkansas.gov achieve national recognition as the Best of Web. She has personally been recognized by Government Technology as a Top 25 Doer, Dreamer and Driver; by StateScoop as a GoldenGov State Executive of the Year; and by StateScoop for Industry Leadership of the Year after joining Compuware in 2015.